Oolong Tea Benefits For Skin:
Regular consumption of oolong tea is works wonders for the skin. Most skin problems occur due to exposure to free radicals. The antioxidants called polyphenols which are present in this tea, destroy
the free radicals, thereby providing relief from a spectrum of skin problems. Some of the other benefits of oolong tea in the context of skin are as follows:
10. Treatment of Atopic dermatitis: Atopic dermatitis or eczema is a chronic skin disease characterized by itching, redness, swelling, scarring and sometimes infection of lesions due to frequent
scratching. Research has shown that patients who combine dermatological treatment for this condition along with consumption of at least 3 cups of oolong tea a day experience more relief than patients
who do not consume this tea.
11. Anti–aging benefits: Continuous exposure of the skin to free radicals accelerates the process of aging and slows down the rate of exfoliation, resulting in the premature occurrence of wrinkles
and dark spots. The high levels of antioxidants present in oolong tea, slows down the oxidation of cells leading to a much healthier looking skin.
12. Improves vitality of skin: Regular consumption of oolong tea diminishes wrinkles and improves the tone and elasticity of skin, giving it a more youthful appearance. Polyphenols present in the tea
protect the skin from any damage that may be caused due to exposure to sun.
Oolong Tea Benefits For Hair:
The benefits of tea for healthy hair have only recently come to light which is why it is increasingly being used in a number of hair-care products. Oolong tea being a herbal infusion created from
tender parts of the plant like flowers, shoots and leaves,promotes the growth of healthy hair.A few other benefits in the context of hair-care are as follows:
13. Prevention of hair loss: The antioxidants present in oolong tea are known to ensure proper metabolism of the male hormone, DHT, as any change in its metabolic activity results in hair loss.
Making a tea rinse with these leaves is of great benefit in preventing excessive shedding of hair.
14. Promotes healthy and shiny hair: A tea rinse made from oolong tea is of a mild and pleasant nature. Not only does it soften, but it also provides an additional lustre to your hair.
A word of caution:
Oolong tea is a wonder tea as is evident from the range of benefits it offers. However, it is wise to exercise caution and consume it in moderation.Since this tea contains a certain amount of
caffeine,drinking too much of it can cause side effects ranging from mild to serious headaches, nervousness, irritable bowel syndrome, irregular heartbeat, vomiting, heartburn etc.
It is advisable for pregnant women to keep a tab on the number of cups of tea they consume in a day as too much of caffeine might harm the baby. Keep these pointers in mind and go ahead and enjoy